Welcome to Splitser
In order to guarantee your proper use of our service Splitser, we have drafted a set of terms (“Terms”). Using Splitser means that you agree to these Terms. We ask that you read them carefully to make sure you are aware of your rights and obligations. We are entitled to change these Terms at any time. The latest Terms can be viewed at any time on the website and in the application and will be brought to your attention by means of a hyperlink. You will always be informed of any changes. By continuing to use Splitser, you are agreeing to the new change.
1. Our service
Splitser is a service provided by Splitser BV. Splitser allows you to settle joint expenses easily and transparently. The Splitser service is accessible via the website splitser.com and the Splitser app. After creating an account, you can make a list and add members to it. All members can add expenses and indicate for each expense who should share in the costs. All members are able to look at the balance on the list. The balance shows what each member is due or owed. The amount that is due or owed by each person is the difference between a person’s total expenses and his or her total costs. If you settle the list, the system calculates exactly who should pay what to whom. The system makes sure that the number of transactions to be carried out within the group is as low as possible. All members receive a convenient overview by email that lists the settlements and all of the expenses within the group.
The app and the website explain how the Splitser service works in further detail.
You need to create an account before you can use Splitser.
- You guarantee that the information provided by you when you create an account is accurate and up to date.
- Creating an account in someone else’s name is not permitted.
- By accepting these Terms, you confirm that you are sixteen (16) years of age or older or that your parents have given you their consent to create an account.
- You are personally responsible for keeping your login details secret. You are not permitted to give them to third parties. If you have reason to suspect that your login details have become known to unauthorised persons, you are obligated to inform us of this immediately and to change your password. We are not liable for any damage arising from unauthorised access to or use of Splitser by third parties.
3. Using Splitser
We have laid down the following Terms in order to optimise your use of Splitser:
- You are personally fully responsible and liable for all of your actions by means of Splitser.
- You are not permitted to use Splitser for commercial purposes.
- You are not permitted to use Splitser in a manner that is misleading in any way.
- You are not permitted to use Splitser in any way that may disrupt the service’s operation.
- You are not permitted to scrape, spider or search Splitser or to use it in any other improper manner.
- You are not permitted to use Splitser in any way that infringes our rights or those of third parties.
- You are not permitted to use Splitser in any way that is contrary to these Terms or applicable legislation and/or regulations or in any other unlawful manner.
- We are authorised to restrict or block your user facilities at any time.
- We are authorised to delete an account at any time if we believe that someone is acting in breach of the rules set out above, with no obligation on our part to explain this and without any liability on our part for any damage.
4. Reporting unlawful use
If you discover that someone is making unlawful use of Splitser, you can report this. We may then decide whether or not to delete the relevant account. Under no circumstances is Splitser obliged to pro-actively screen for possible unlawful use.
All intellectual property rights with respect to Splitser are vested in us.
- We give you a limited, personal, revocable, non-exclusive, not sub-licensable and non-transferable right to access and use Splitser, solely for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- You are not permitted to perform acts that constitute an infringement of Splitser’s intellectual property rights, such as registering domain names, trade marks or AdWords that are similar or identical to any object for which Splitser holds intellectual property rights, or to download, copy, alter, reverse engineer or disclose Splitser for any purposes other than those laid down in these Terms. You are not permitted to retrieve or reuse substantial parts of Splitser, or to repeatedly and systematically retrieve or reuse non-substantial parts of Splitser.
- You retain the intellectual property rights to any images and/or texts you place online in connection with Splitser, such as your profile picture (“Content”).
- You acknowledge and agree that by uploading or making Content available you are automatically granting us a free, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable licence to disclose this Content to the public and to reproduce it to the extent required in connection with the provision of the Splitser service.
We aim to process as little personal data relating to you as possible. Please also see our privacy statement for more information.
7. The service
It is our aim to offer the best service possible that can be enjoyed as by many users as possible. In order to ensure that we can continue to offer Splitser as a service, the following Terms apply:
- Your use of Splitser is at your own risk. You indemnify us against any damage that results from your use of Splitser.
- We do not offer any guarantees with respect to Splitser. Splitser may not be properly accessible, secure or fully operational at all times.
- We do not accept any liability for damage to property, financial loss or any other loss in connection with the use or misuse of Splitser, insofar as this is permitted under mandatory law. Under no circumstances whatsoever are we liable for consequential damages including purely financial loss, loss of income or profits, loss of data or immaterial damage in connection with or arising from Splitser. The only action you are entitled to take if you believe you have suffered damage is to cease using Splitser and to delete your account.
- If, notwithstanding the provisions above, Splitser were to be liable, our liability is limited to direct damage for a maximum amount of EUR 1000 (one thousand euros). This limitation of liability does not apply if there is deliberate intent and/or wilful recklessness on our part.
8. Termination of use
- If you wish to terminate your use of Splitser, you must first remove yourself from all lists. You can only do so if your balance on that list is zero. Go to Members, click your own name and then click “Leave list”. Once you are removed from all lists, follow this link to delete your account.
- If you are acting in breach of the Terms or if we receive complaints from other users about your use of Splitser, we are authorised to stop your use of Splitser. If we have suffered damage as a result of your actions, we are entitled to recover the damage from you.
- These Terms and the use of Splitser are governed by Dutch law. Any disputes shall be brought before the competent court in the country of your residence. Splitser is entitled to transfer any rights or obligations arising from these Terms to a third party. We will always inform you of this in good time, in advance. If you no longer wish to continue to use Splitser, you may remove your account.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
P.O. Box 15805
1001 NH Amsterdam
Chamber of Commerce Trade Register number: 70616167